Saturday, August 15, 2015

Rejected, but not Defeated

I did not get accepted to App Academy.  After a month of long nights, learning concepts that made my head feel like it was going to explode, and constant trial and error, it would appear as if I am walking away empty handed.  Turns out that is not the case at all!

This past month was amazing.  I learned a lot about what it takes to become a developer.  What's more, I learned a lot about myself.  I am going to be a developer.  Few things have been this clear to me in my lifetime.  The constant challenges, with solutions to be found at the finish line.  I love it.

Applying to App Academy jumpstarted my learning, and has only made me hungrier for more.  So now I am taking a step back to find my own path, but I have been blessed with some clear direction as a result of this past month's work.

I don't know exactly what I want to specialize in, or what type of company I want to work for, but I have a strong belief that I am headed in the right direction to find all of that out.  I am still learning the basics, trying to make things work together.  My morning was spent learning how to use git and Github so that I can start a Ruby track from TestFirst.org.  It was very frustrating, especially since I was having a hard time finding the help I needed on Google.

But thats what this is: trial and error, getting failure messages when my code sucks, and figuring out how to fix it.  And I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment