Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Reliance on others

Ruby is kicking my ass right now. And so is App Academy. After completing the first coding challenge, I was invited to take a shot at the second one.

For the past week I have been going over the prep work for the second coding challenge. A lot of the material is complicated and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it. I haven't given up, though. I thoroughly enjoy the challenge. There have been many nights that have ended up being much longer than the 3 hours I have committed to. Its fun!

One thing that has helped me tremendously is blogs written by others who have been where I am now, which finally brings me to the intended topic of this post: Reliance on other people's experiences helps markedly.

Luckily, this is an idea that I am very familiar with. So, when I get into a jam that seems too hard to ever understand or figure out, I find someone that has been there. Not only do they typically have a good answer for me, but the fact that they can say that this same topic or problem was an issue for them is reassuring. Thanks to the internet, and especially blogging, I don't even need to personally know someone to be able to relate to them.

So when I get stuck, and I feel like the stupidest person on the planet, I simply look to the people that have come before me. Not just for answers, but for common ground as well.




2 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm finally in a place where I can give back. I admit I should've been doing this all along but I'm finally starting to contribute in the way of articles and blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted something but it didnt take

    ReplyDelete